Absolute Beginner's Guide to Upgrading and Fixing Your PC is a comprehensive, non-technical guide to upgrading your computer and fixing common problems. It provides step-by-step instructions for specific types of upgrades, fast and easy ways to troubleshoot common computer problems - and how to restore your system to working order after a bad upgrade.
Included are instructions for the following types of system enhancements:
• Adding new USB, serial, parallel, and FireWire ports
• Adding bigger hard disks and more system memory
• Upgrading to better mice and keyboards
• Upgrading to new printers, faxes, and scanners
• Upgrading to bigger monitors and more powerful video cards
• Upgrading for digital photography and digital video editing
• Upgrading for TV and DVD viewing
• Upgrading for digital music playback
• Upgrading for enhanced game play
• Installing a wired or wireless network
• Speeding up your Internet connection
• Upgrading your operating system to Windows XP
|Series:||Absolute Beginner's Guide Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.36(w) x 9.16(h) x 0.97(d)|
About the Author
Michael Miller is a successful and prolific author with a reputation for practical advice and technical accuracy and an unerring empathy for the needs of his readers.
Mr. Miller has written more than four dozen how-to and reference books since 1989, for Que and other major publishers. His most recent books include Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics, Absolute Beginner's Guide to eBay, and TechTV's Microsoft Windows XP for Home Users, 2nd Edition. He is known for his casual, easy-to-read writing style and his practical, real-world advice¿as well as his ability to explain a wide variety of complex topics to an everyday audience.
Mr. Miller is also president of The Molehill Group, a strategic consulting and authoring firm based in Carmel, Indiana. As a consultant, he specializes in providing strategic advice to and writing business plans for Internet- and technology-based businesses.
You can email Mr. Miller directly at email@example.com. His Web site is located at www.molehillgroup.com.