A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE (sometimes referred to as A.C.) is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game set at least 50 years after worldwide civilization has come to a slow, bitter end.
Modern society had reached the point where most people wanted for little. Their wishes could be made real with the push of a button. Many diseases had been conquered. However, humanity's reliance on technology set the stage for its eventual descent into chaos.
A.C. presents a detailed post-Collapse environment filled with opportunities for adventure and discovery. Characters, known as "Survivors," cautiously comb through the dangerous ruins of once-great metropolises. Salvagers compete with profit-hungry scavengers to find valuable loot. Intelligent machines may match wits with Survivors or help them to reach their goals.
A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE uses a d20-based architecture. Features include:
- a classless character generation system;
- a Character Point (CP) system that rewards players when they complete scenario and campaign goals, allowing them to improve attributes and acquire new skills;
- detailed rules for applying the effects of combat, radiation, and poison;
- a turn-based combat and action system; and
- guidelines for referees to develop their own scenarios and campaigns.
Recommended for ages 14+.