A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE (sometimes referred to as A.C.) is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game set at least 50 years after worldwide civilization has come to a slow, bitter end.
A.C. presents a detailed post-Collapse environment filled with opportunities for adventure and discovery. Characters, known as "Survivors," cautiously comb through the dangerous ruins of once-great metropolises
Whether Survivors want to defend themselves from others or take what someone else has, weapons are useful tools to have. Not everyone has access to firearms or explosives, so they use what's available.
Low-tech weapons have their place. They can be used to inflict smaller amounts of damage to opponents, allowing them to be disabled or driven away instead of killed. Additionally, many types of low-tech weapons don't need to be reloaded. The materials for those that do can often just be picked up off the ground.
A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE uses a d20-based architecture. Features include:
- a craft-oriented Basic Skill system that allows Survivors and NPCs to make weapons and accessories to their own specifications;
- a system of modifiers that adjust Accuracy, Damage, and Penetration to increase the lethality of well-made implements;
- differentiation between High Velocity (HV) Low Velocity (LV), and Energy (EN) attacks to simulate the potential effectiveness of weapons and armor;
- allocation of lethal and/or nonlethal damage based on skill level; and
- the use of Hard Points (HDPs) and Vigor Points (VGPs) to simulate the toughness of Survivors and NPCs and their ability to resist lethal and nonlethal damage.
Recommended for ages 14+.