A.C. presents a detailed post-Collapse environment filled with opportunities for adventure and discovery. Characters, known as "Survivors," cautiously comb through the dangerous ruins of once-great metropolises.
Some of the tools that can help salvagers, scavengers, soldiers, or ordinary people overcome the challenges they face come in the form of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Whether it's body armor for combat situations, firefighting outfits, or filter masks for toxic environments, the right PPE can allow one to live through situations that might otherwise be seriously hazardous to their health.
A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE uses a d20-based architecture. Features include:
- craft-oriented Basic Skills that allow Survivors and NPCs to make armor and accessories to their own specifications;
- a system of Armor Point Modifiers that increase the defensive properties of armor by type;
- a system of Material Attributes (MATs) that simulate the physical properties of various types of PPE;
- Materiel Resistance (MAR) factors that define how much corrosion or radiation armor and accessories can resist under less than ideal conditions;
- differentiation between High Velocity (HV) Low Velocity (LV), and Energy (EN) attacks to simulate the effectiveness of armor and weapons; and
- the use of Hard Points (HDPs) and Vigor Points (VGPs) to simulate the toughness of Survivors and NPCs and their ability to resist lethal and nonlethal damage.
Recommended for ages 14+.