Access to Health Plus MasteringHealth with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 15 available in Other Format
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering platforms, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for MyLab or Mastering platforms may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For personal health courses.
This package includes Mastering Health .
Changing Behavior Today for a Better Tomorrow
Access to Health combines research and the most up-to-date information to encourage healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, author Rebecca J. Donatelle uses her friendly writing style to address readers’ concerns and motivate them to be savvy, critical consumers of health information. The 15th Edition provides readers with new Which Path Would You Take activities that explore various health choices through an engaging, interactive, low-stakes, and anonymous experience, a new full chapter on sleep, and a new Making Change Today feature. All enhancements help readers to make health choices for a better tomorrow.
Personalize learning with Mastering Health
Mastering™ Health is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
0134553071 / 9780134553078 Access to Health Plus Mastering Health with eText -- Access Card Package, 15/e
Package consists of:
- 0134516257 / 9780134516257 Access To Health
- 0134551931 / 9780134551937 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Access to Health
Access to Health , 15th Edition is also available via Pearson eText, a simple-to-use, mobile, personalized reading experience that lets instructors connect with and motivate students — right in their eTextbook. Learn more.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Rebecca Donatelle is a professor emeritus in Public Health and was the Coordinator of the Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a PhD in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist. In addition to her varied teaching responsibilities, Becky has been an active researcher in the area of health behaviors and behavior change. She received the Leadership Award, outstanding teacher award in her college, and a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Presidential Award for Promising New Research in the Smoke-Free Families National Initiative.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Finding the Right Balance
1. Accessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
FOCUS ON Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
FOCUS ON Improving Your Financial Health
4. Improving Your Sleep
Part 2: Building Healthy Lifestyles
5. Nutrition: Eating for a Healthier You
6. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
FOCUS ON Enhancing Your Body Image
7. Improving Your Physical Fitness
Part 3: Creating Healthy and Caring Relationships
8. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
9. Understanding Your Sexuality
10. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
Part 4: Avoiding Risks from Harmful Habits
FOCUS ON Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
Part 5: Preventing and Fighting Disease
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases
15. Protecting against Sexually Transmitted Infections
16. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
FOCUS ON Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
17. Reducing Your Cancer Risk
18. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
Part 6: Facing Life's Challenges
19. Becoming a Responsible Health Care Consumer
20. Preventing Violence and Abuse
FOCUS ON Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
21. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
22. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying