ACSM's Behavioral Aspects of Physical Activity and Exercise / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
This practical text provides the theoretical foundation of behavior change and then offers specific strategies, tools, and methods you can use to motivate and inspire your clients to be active, exercise, and stay healthy.
Developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and written by a team of leading experts in exercise science and motivation, the book provides step-by-step instructions to help fitness/health professionals and students master client motivation techniques.
- Access practical resources you can use immediately on the job with forms, checklists, charts, worksheets, etc. in each chapter’s From the Practical Toolbox sections.
- Stay on top of the latest research in the field with Evidence sections that support the text’s recommendations.
- Master a wide range of client-motivation techniques through Step-by-Step applications.
- See the text’s recommendations in action in real-world settings through engaging Case Scenarios.
- Improve your retention of important information through Concept Overviews that briefly set the stage for each chapter and Take-Home Messages that highlight key points.
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Why Do People Change Physical Activity Behavior? 1
Chapter 2 Assessing Your Client's Physical Activity Behavior, Motivation, and Individual Resources 39
Chapter 3 Building Skills to Promote Physical Activity 71
Chapter 4 Building Motivation: How Ready Are You? 103
Chapter 5 Communication Skills to Elicit Physical Activity Behavior Change: How to Talk to the Client 129
Chapter 6 How to Deliver Physical Activity Messages 153
Chapter 7 Influencing Policy and Environments to Promote Physical Activity Behavior Change 191
Chapter 8 Promoting Physical Activity Behavior Change: Population Considerations 205
Chapter 9 Evaluating Physical Activity Behavior Change Programs and Practices 237
Chapter 10 Professional Practice and Practical Tips for the Application of Behavioral Strategies for the Physical Activity Practitioner 263