- Active Defense is our new comprehensive guide to implementing effective network security using the latest technologies.
- Superb coverage of all security threats (internal and external) and ways to combat them. Includes coverage of Virtual Private Networks, the newest encryption technologies, firewalls, and much more!
- Coverage includes Windows, including Windows 2000, and sections on Unix and Linux.
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 8.91(h) x 1.75(d)|
About the Author
Chris Brenton is a network consultant specializing in network security and multiprotocol environments. He is the author of several Sybex books, including Mastering Cisco Routers.
Cameron Hunt is a network professional specializing in information security. He has worked for the US military and a wide range of corporations. He currently serves as a trainer and consultant.
Table of Contents
1. Why Secure Your Network?
2. How Much Security Do You Need?
3. Understanding How Network Systems Communicate.
4. Topology Security.
6. Configuring Cisco Router Security Features.
7. Check Point's FireWall-1.
8. Intrusion Detection Systems.
9. Authentication and Encryption.
10. Virtual Private Networking.
11. Viruses, Trojans, and Worms: Oh My!
12. Disaster Prevention and Recovery.
14. NT and Windows 2000.
16. The Anatomy of an Attack.
17. Staying Ahead of Attacks.
About the CD-ROM.
Sample Network Usage Policy.