Active Directory Domain Services 2008 How-To
Real Solutions for Active Directory 2008 Administrators
Need fast, reliable, easy-to-implement solutions for Microsoft Active Directory 2008? This book delivers exactly what you’re looking for. You’ll find nearly 250 tested, step-by-step procedures for planning, installing, customizing, and managing Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in any production environment. Completely up-to-date, it fully reflects the brand new version of Active Directory introduced in Windows Server 2008, which contains the most significant changes since AD was first introduced. When time is of the essence, turn here first: get answers you can trust—and use—right now!
Fast, Accurate, and Easy-to-Use!
- Prepare for Active Directory Domain Services installation
- Install and uninstall Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage trust relationships and functional levels
- Manage Operations Master Roles and Global Catalog Servers
- Efficiently administer sites and replication
- Manage the Active Domain Services schema
- Administer Active Directory DS data
- Make the most of Active Directory Group Policies
- Manage password replication policies
- Implement fine-grained password and account lockout policies
- Safely back up and recover Active Directory DS
- Use Active Directory’s improved auditing capabilities to track changes more effectively
John Policelli has been honored by Microsoft as a Microsoft MVP for Directory Services. A solutions-focused IT consultant with over a decade of success in architecture, security, IT strategy, and disaster recovery, John has designed and implemented dozens of complex directory service, e-Messaging, web, networking, and security enterprise solutions. He has provided thought leadership for some of Canada’s largest Active Directory installations. He has also served as an author, technical reviewer, and subject matter expert for more than 50 training, exam writing, press, and whitepaper projects related to Windows Server 2008 Identity and Access Management, networking, and collaboration. His technology certifications include MCTS, MCSA, ITSM, iNet+, Network+, and A+.
Category: Microsoft / Windows Server
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
John Policelli (Microsoft MVP for Directory Services, MCTS, MCSA, ITSM, iNet+, Network+, and A+) is a solutions-focused IT consultant with more than a decade of combined success in architecture, security, strategic planning, and disaster recovery planning. John has designed and implemented dozens of complex directory service, e-messaging, web, networking, and security enterprise solutions.
John has spent the past nine years focused on identity and access management and providing thought leadership for some of the largest installations of Active Directory in Canada. He has been involved as an author, a technical reviewer, and a subject matter expert for more than 50 training, exam writing, press, and whitepaper projects related to Windows Server 2008 Identity and Access Management, networking, and collaboration. John maintains a blog at http://policelli.com/blog.
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. Prepare for Active Directory Domain Services Installation
3. Install and Uninstall Active Directory Domain Services
4. Manage Trusts
5. Manage Domain Controllers
6. Manage Operations Master Roles
7. Manage Sites and Replication
8. Manage the Schema
9. Manage Active Directory Domain Services Data
10 Manage Group Policy
11. Manage Password Replication Policies
13. Manage Active Directory Domain Services Backup and Recovery
14. Manage Active Directory Domain Services Auditing
15. Manage the Windows Time Service