Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? Is ours the generation that will be left behind? Are global events harbingers of the great tribulation? Such questions promote a fear and anxiety that is contrary to the hope-filled gospel of Jesus Christ.
In AD70 and the End of the World, award-winning author Paul Ellis offers an alternative, gospel-based perspective of the last days. Based on an in-depth study of scripture and the forgotten lessons of history, he reveals the astonishing good news hidden within Christ’s parables and prophecies of judgment.
This book is the antidote to pessimistic prophecy. It answers questions about Judgment Day, the rapture, and the end of the age. It reinterprets dark tales of vengeance and wrath through the bright light of grace.
If you are weary of gloomy forecasts or are anxious about the apocalypse, AD70 and the End of the World will give you a confident and joyful expectation of a bright tomorrow.
|Product dimensions:||6.69(w) x 9.61(h) x 0.51(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Part A: The last prophecy
1. Not one stone
2. Birth pangs
3. Trials and troubles
4. Lawlessness and cold love
5. Endure to the end
6. The gospel worldwide
7. The abomination of desolation
8. Time to run
9. Great tribulation
10. Shortened days
11. Counterfeit Christs
12. The eagles are coming
13. Sun and moon
14. The Son of Man in heaven
15. Angels and trumpets
16. Signs of the seasons
17. Heaven and earth
18. The day and the hour
19. Keep watch
20. The faithful servant
Part B: The end of the world
21. The blood of righteous Abel
22. When are the days of vengeance?
23. Whose wrath has come?
24. Good news in the parables of judgment
25. Payback and relief
26. Human versus divine vengeance
27. Why did Jerusalem fall?
28. What did the high priest see?
29. When did the old covenant end?
30. When is the great tribulation?
31. The five comings of Jesus
32. When is the Second Coming?
33. Angels, clouds, and the coming of the King
34. When are the last days?
35. When is the end of the age?
36. What about the rapture?
37. Jerusalem and Judgment Day
38. What happens when Christ returns?
39. A better story
40. Summary of the main points
Appendix 1: Timeline of key events prior to the fall of Jerusalem
Appendix 2: Ten theologians supporting divine vengeance