Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Special Needs / Edition 7 available in Paperback
This book is written with you, the student of either early childhood or special education, in mind. Whether you are studying to become a teacher of young children with special needs or are an early interventionist with a related background who wishes to develop greater versatility in your chosen field, we have designed this to be an easy-to-read, interesting, comprehensive resource for you.
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Providing for Special Needs in Early Education: The Challenge.
3. In Partnership with Families.
4. Recognizing Special Needs and Monitoring Progress.
5. Developing Individualized Intervention Plans and Programs.
6. Implementing Intervention and Instructional Strategies.
7. Promoting Social and Emotional Development.
8. Helping Young Children Develop Motor Skills.
9. Nurturing Communication Skills.
10. Encouraging the Development of Cognitive Skills and Literacy.
11. Effective Use of Paraprofessionals in Early Intervention Programs.
Appendix A: Chart of Typical Development.
Appendix B: Find Your Child's Speech and Hearing Age.
Appendix C: Reflexes, Reactions, and Implications.
Appendix D: Referral Signals Checklist.
Appendix E: Competencies for Trainees in Early Childhood Special Education.
Appendix F: Individual Materials for Use with Young Children: A Sampling.
Appendix G: AAC (Auhmentative and Alternative Communication) Resources.
Appendix H: Periodicals Relevant to Early Intervention.
Appendix I: Websites Related to Early Childhood Special Education.
About the Authors.