Master the power of Photoshop CS3 with
an internationally renowned photographer by your side.
Adobe's Photoshop CS3 comes with powerful new features with huge payoffs. But it can be overwhelming to learn, even for professional photographers, graphic designers, keen amateurs, and others who already have an initial grasp of Photoshop. Acclaimed photographer Martin Evening, who wrote the best-selling previous books, 'Adobe Photoshop for Photographers', makes it easy with this new, thoroughly updated edition.
* Illustrated throughout with before-and-after pictures - more than 750 professional, color illustrations!
* Practical techniques and real-life assignments
* Step-by-step tutorials
* Keyboard shortcut reference guide
Includes FREE DVD with:
* QuickTime movie tutorials for MAC and PC
* Searchable tips on tools, palettes layer styles, and shortcuts
* Includes images selected for you to experiment with to get you up to speed with everything in the book, including the new Photoshop CS3 features, fast!
* Updated Camera Guide to help you decide which will best suit your needs, plus bonus Digital Capture chapter in printable PDF format
Uncover quickly exactly what Adobe's CS3 now offers photographers. New tutorials focus on the key features introduced in CS3. You lose no time in finding out how to put your ideas to work with:
* Adobe's Camera Raw 4 plug-in that can now also process TIFFs and JPEGs
* New Align controls for combining HDR images; Photomerge; new Clone Stamp; Curves dialog that now incorporates Levels functionality; and improved controls for Brightness/Contrast to match raw image processing controls
* The latest on Black and White adjustment, which provides all the black and white conversion tools you need for optimum monochrome conversions
* A pro's scoop on choosing from among dozens of Photoshop's image adjustment methods to get the results you want
* Tips on Bridge 2.0 and Lightroom - when you should use each
* Top tactics for successful composite images, insider guidance on editing shadows and highlight adjustments, and lessons on how to preview and re-edit filter effects as many times as you want - without complex workarounds
Get the preeminent advice from one photographer to another as Martin completely updates you on the core aspects of working with Photoshop, digital workflow, and improving accessibility. Real-life examples, diagrams, illustrations, and step-by-step explanations ensure that you're up to speed with the next generation of digital photography in no time!
Foreword by Adobe Systems' key Director of Engineering, Digital Imaging, Marc Pawliger
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 9.66(h) x 1.55(d)|
Table of Contents
What's new in Adobe Photoshop CS3; Photoshop Fundamentals; Configuring Photoshop; Basic Image Processing; Camera Raw Image Processing; Fine-tuned Image Corrections; Image Retouching; Layers, Selections and Masking; Darkroom Effects; Photoshop Filters; Image Management; Color Management; Print Output; Output for the Web; Automating Photoshop.