A brand-new, thought-provoking edition of the unmatched resource on engineering thermodynamics
Adrian Bejan's Advanced Engineering Thermodynamics established itself as the definitive volume on this challenging subject. Now, his Third Edition builds on the success of its trailblazing predecessors by providing state-of-the-art coverage in a slimmer, more convenient book.
Moving effortlessly among analysis, essay, and graphics, this streamlined edition of Adrian Bejan's powerful presentation will inspire future generations of researchers and students in all areas of engineering, physics, and life sciences. It features:
- An authoritative treatment of the first and second laws of thermodynamics and the constructal law of natural generation of flow configuration, with prominent focus on the history of the discipline and its main ideas
- Complete chapters on single-phase systems, multiphase systems, chemically reactive systems, exergy analysis, thermodynamic optimization, irreversible thermodynamics, and constructal theory
- Applications of thermodynamics to power generation, solar energy, refrigeration, air conditioning, thermofluid design, and constructal design
- The latest theoretical advances made based on the constructal law: atmospheric circulation and earth climate, animal design (flying, running, swimming), hierarchy and geography of human settlements, scaling laws of all river basins, flow fossils and Egyptian pyramids, and science as a constructal flow architecture
- A wealth of problems and worked-out examples
- Brilliant, original illustrations, plus hundreds of classic and contemporary references
|Edition description:||Revised Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.40(w) x 9.50(h) x 2.00(d)|
Table of Contents
The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
The Two Laws Combined: The Destruction of Exergy.
Chemically Reactive Systems.
Constructal Theory of Organization in Nature.
About the Author.