Advanced Human Nutrition / Edition 3by Denis M Medeiros, Robert E.C. Wildman, Robert E. C. Wildman
Pub. Date: 12/11/2013
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Written for the upper-level undergrad or graduate level majors course, Advanced Human Nutrition, Third Edition provides an in-depth overview of the human body and details why nutrients are important from a biochemical, physiological, and molecular perspective. Through its writing style and numerous figures and illustrations, the Third Edition clearly outlines metabolism and the molecular functions of nutrients. A variety of pedagogical elements within the text, such as “Here’s Where You Have Been” and “Here’s Where You Are Going,” help clarify key points from the chapter and provide real-world examples that bring the content to life.
New and Key Features of the Third Edition:
• Includes new chapters on Fiber and Nutraceuricals and Functional Foods
• “Before You Go On” sections asks students to reflect upon what they’ve just read, urging them to go back and re-read portions of the text if they do not readily grasp the material.
• “Special Feature” boxes on focused topics add depth to the chapter and, in some cases, allow the student to view the application of basic science.
• The end-of-chapter summary reiterates key points from the chapter and helps students prepare for future exams.
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews