Advanced Java Internet Applications with Java / Edition 2 available in Paperback
This book provides an introduction to advanced Java material for readers who already have an introductino to the Java language. State-of-the-art material on Internet applications with Java, including Enterprise JavaBeans, JavaServer Pages, Security, JDBC, Swing, Networking, Servlets, Java 2D, Java 3D, JavaBeans, Internationalization, Concurrent Programming, RMI, Java Media Framework, Collections and the Java Virtual Machine. For those who have programmed in Java and are familiar with its basic constructs.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of ContentsAdvanced: Introductory Java Prerequisite
1. Preliminaries, includes material, which may be postponed until needed in later chapters: exception handling, ( may be review) threads, and concurrent programming.
3. Java Database Connectivity contains a thorough guide to databases using Java.
4. Servlets and JavaServer Pages, shows how to add functionality to a web server.
5. Swing, presents the Swing components for building graphical user interfaces.
6. Java ADO, provides the tools to make fabulous presentations incorporating text and graphics.
7. Internationalization, treats number, currency, date and time formatting, collation, localizing user interfaces, and message formatting.
8. Multimedia, covers animation and sound, and introduces the Java Media Framework.
9. Java Beans, covers JavaBeans, components that can be configured and combined using a visual application building tool.
10. Enterprise JavaBeans, treats the new and popular Enterprise JavaBeans, using the J2EE reference implementation from Sun.
11. Collections, covers collections, sets, lists, maps, and iterators
12. Security and the Java Virtual Machine, discusses the use of a security manager, policy files, and digital signatures.
13. XML includes SAX and DOM parsing, XSLT stylesheets, and the easy SOAP approach for web services.
14. Programming Mobile Devices, uses the Java 2 Micro Edition to program cell phone applications
15. Jini and JavaSpaces, provides simple examples to illustrate these innovative technologies.
16. JSP Tags
17. Messaging and Naming graphics and low-level events.