Cooperative networks/relaying is a fundamental design approach that has been used to reduce path-loss and fading effects in conventional wireless communication systems. This book describes the use of this approach in new and emerging telecommunications technologies and new application areas.
Topics covered include spatial modulation for cooperative networks; relaying for massive MIMO; relaying for outdoor to indoor in mmWave communications; precoding techniques for relaying with interference; relaying in full-duplex radio communication systems; relay selection in modern communication systems; relaying in green communications systems; energy-efficient relaying; cognitive radio with relaying; relaying in non-ideal conditions; relaying and physical layer secrecy; relaying technologies for smart grid; simultaneous wireless and power transfer for interference relay channel; relaying in visible light communication systems; and on-ground and on-board signal processing for multibeam.
With contributions from an international panel of experts, this book is essential reading for researchers and advanced students in academia and industry working in telecommunications system design.
About the Author
Dr. Ioannis Krikidis is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Cyprus and the director of the Mobile Communications & Networking (MCN) Laboratory. His current research interests include communication theory, wireless communications, cooperative communications, full-duplex radio and wireless powered communications.
Dr. Gan Zheng is a Senior Lecturer in Wolfson School of Mechanical, Manufacturing and Electrical Engineering, Loughborough University, UK. His research focuses on the analysis, design and optimization of algorithms and protocols that improve the efficiency, robustness and security of wireless communications networks. His current research interests include cooperative and cognitive communications, full-duplex radios, energy harvesting, physical layer security and multiuser multi-antenna systems.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Spatial modulation for cooperative networks
- Chapter 2: Relaying for massive MIMO
- Chapter 3: SUDAS:mmWave relaying for 5G outdoor-to-indoor communications
- Chapter 4: Linear processing techniques for multi-antenna relaying systems with interference
- Chapter 5: Relaying in full-duplex radio communication systems
- Chapter 6: Relay selection in modern communication systems
- Chapter 7: Relaying in green communication systems
- Chapter 8: Energy-efficient relaying
- Chapter 9: Cognitive relaying for information and energy cooperation
- Chapter 10: Relaying in non-ideal conditions
- Chapter 11: Relaying and physical layer security
- Chapter 12: Relaying technologies for smart grid
- Chapter 13: Simultaneous wireless information and power transfer in relay interference channels
- Chapter 14: Relaying in optical wireless communication
- Chapter 15: Multibeam joint processing satellites: cooperative relays, high above