Published continuously since 1944, the Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology serial has been a continuous, essential resource for protein chemists. Covering reviews of methodology and research in all aspects of protein chemistry, including purification/expression, proteomics, modeling and structural determination and design, each volume brings forth new information about protocols and analysis of proteins while presentingthe most recent findings from leading experts in a broad range of protein-related topics. This volume features articles on Protein Aggregation.
- Covers reviews of methodology and research in all aspects of protein chemistry
- Brings forth new information about protocols and analysis of proteins while presentingthe most recent findings from leading experts in a broad range of protein-related topics
|Series:||Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Rossen Donev received his PhD degree in 1999 from the Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. He did postdoctoral training at Imperial Cancer Research Fund, UK (renamed after the merger with Cancer Research Campaign to Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute) and Cardiff University. In 2010 Dr. Donev was appointed Senior Lecturer in Swansea University. Currently he is Head of Research at MicroPharm Ltd, UK and Director of Biomed Consult, UK. He has published more than 60 research papers, has chaired scientific meetings in Molecular Medicine and given plenary talks. Rossen Donev has consulted on projects related to development of treatments for neurodevelopmental disorders and cancer therapies. He serves as Editor-in-Chief of the Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology and on editorial board of several other journals. His research interests include signaling pathways involved in neuropsychiatric disorders and tumor escape from the immune system, and development of therapeutic strategies for their treatment. More recently he has focused on design of antibody-based oral treatment of pathological conditions of the colon and small intestines.
Table of Contents
- Effects of Metal Ions and Nucleic Acids on Protein Aggregation
- Lysozyme aggregation
- Protein aggregation in a membrane environment
- Physical Chemical aspect of amyloidine peptides aggregation
- Serpin polymerisation and aggregation
- Practical considerations of aggregation in protein pharmaceuticals