An edited volume that takes a more practical look at the area of women in management, indicating the initiatives that leading edge organizations have implemented to support the career advancement of managerial and professional women.
|Product dimensions:||6.78(w) x 9.70(h) x 1.02(d)|
Table of Contents
List of Tables.
PART I. OVERVIEW.
1. Advancing Women in Management: Progress and Prospects (Ronald J. Burke and Debra L. Nelson).
2. Developing Women as Global Leaders: Lessons and Sense Making from an Organizational Change Effort (Joyce S. Osland, Nancy J. Adler, and Laura W. Brody).
3. A Decade o Diversity (Nuzhat Jafri and Katie Isbister).
PART II. CHALLENGES.
4. The Black and Ethnic Minority Women Manager (Marilyn J. Davidson).
5. Work and Family Issues: Old and New (Suzan Lewis).
6. Sexual Harassment and Women’s Advancement: Issues, Challenges, and Directions (Myrtle P. Bell and Mary E. McLaughlin).
7. Gender Differences in Explanations for Relocating or Changing Organizations for Advancement (Phyllis Tharenou).
PART III. OPPORRTUNITIES.
8. Training and Development: Creating the Right Environment to Help Women Succeed in Corporate Management (Viki Holton).
9. Career Development of Managerial Women (Ronald J. Burke).
10. Mentoring and Developmental Relationships (Terri A. Scandura and S. Gayle Baugh).
11. Exploring the Boundaries in Professional Careers: Reduced-Load Work Arrangements in Law, Medicine, and Accounting (Mary Dean Lee, Lori Engler, and Leanne Wright).
12. Developing Tomorrow’s Women Business Leaders (Susan Vinnicombe and Val Singh).
13. Flexible Work Arrangements: A Successful Strategy for the Advancement of Women at the Royal Bank Financial Group (Nora L. Spinks and Norma Tombari).
PART IV. NEW DIRECTIONS.
14. Boundaryless Transitions: Global Entrepreneurial Women Challenge Career Concepts (Dorothy Perrin Moore).
15. Time in Organizations: Constraints on, and Possibilities for, Gender Equity in the Workplace (Lotte Bailyn).
16. Positive Psychology at Work: Savoring Challenge and Engagement (Bret L. Simmons).
17. Organizational Culture: A Key to the Success of Work and Family Programs (Ronald J. Burke).
18. Best Practices for Retaining and Advancing Women Professionals and Managers (Mary C. Mattis).
19. Advancing Women’s Executive Leadership (Val Hammond).