1. Introduction: In Search of King Solomon's Ring
2. Can We Really Communicate with a Bird?
3. Can a Parrot Learn Referential Use of English Speech?
4. Does a Parrot Have Categorical Concepts?
5. Can a Parrot Learn the Concept of Same/Different?
6. Can a Parrot Respond to the Absence of Information?
7. To What Extent Can a Parrot Understand and Use Numerical Concepts?
8. How Can We Be Sure That Alex Understands the Labels in His Repertoire?
9. Can a Parrot Understand Relative Concepts?
10. What Is the Extent of a Parrot's Concept of Object Permanence?
11. Can Any Part of a Parrot's Vocal Behavior Be Classified as "Intentional"?
12. Can a Parrot's Sound Play Assist Its Learning?
13. Can a Parrot's Sound Play Be Transformed into Meaningful Vocalizations?
14. What Input Is Needed to Teach a Parrot a Human-based Communication Code?
15. How Similar to Human Speech Is That Produced by a Parrot?
16. How Does a Grey Parrot Produce Human Speech Sounds?
17. Conclusion: What Are the Implications of Alex's Data?