Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Alexander the Great by Richard Stoneman is an introduction to the career and impact of the great Macedonian conqueror and the main themes of his reign. As well as tackling problems of interpretation, the author includes:
- an examination of the written and other sources and the problems of working with them
- discussion of archaeological and numismatic evidence
- an outline of the Macedonian background
- insight into Alexander's education and ideas
- exploration of Alexander's claim to divinity
- assessment of Alexander's short and long-term achievements
- a study of his influence in antiquity.
Table of ContentsPreface
List of Maps
List of Illustrations
2. The Macedonian Background
3. The Consolidation of Alexander's Rule
4. The War in Asia Minor
5. Son of Ammon
6. The Conquest of Persia
7. The Expedition to India
8. Alexander in Babylon
Guide to Further Reading