Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
All About Stocks, 3E / Edition 3 available in Paperback
How to buy, what to hold, and when to sell-
the guide to getting started in stocks and managing your portfolio!
Want to become a more accomplished investor? All About Stocks is packed with the practical, hands-on guidance you need to choose your investments wisely, minimize your risk, and enter today's market with confidence-no matter your level of experience.
Providing concise, clear answers to your most pressing stock-market questions, this thoroughly revised edition has been updated to address such timely issues as the role of exchange-traded funds, global investing, risk-adjusted returns, and the most effective ways to conduct online research and trading.
All About Stocks explains in easy-to-understand language:
- What stocks are, and why you should own them
- How to use the Internet to develop buying and selling strategies
- How fundamental and technical analysis can help you find undervalued stocks
- What mutual funds are, how they work, and which are right for you
- How stocks fit within the asset allocation framework
- Simple strategies for assembling a high-growth, low-risk, diversified portfolio
- Trades to increase your safety during turbulent markets
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Why Invest in Stocks 1
Common Stocks 12
Preferred Stocks 33
Understanding the Risks of Investing in Stocks 42
Returns of Stocks 61
Stock Market Indexes 73
How Stocks Are Traded 81
How Short Selling Works 105
Valuing Common Stock 112
Financial Statement Analysis and Fundamental Analysis 124
Technical Analysis 151
Theories of the Stock Market 179
Growth, Value, and Momentum Investing Styles 215
Open-End Mutual Funds 238
Closed-End Funds 262
Exchange-Traded Funds 272
Investing in Foreign Stocks 278
Portfolio Management and Evaluation 291
Most Helpful Customer Reviews