Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Well-known Canadian authors, Dr. Harv & Patricia Haakonson present a revolutionary, balanced approach to dieting from low-fat to low carb to their special approach: “slow carb.” “Slow carbs” are carbohydrates that convert to blood sugar over time, avoiding the negative health impacts related to eating highly refined carbohydrates. “Slow carb” relies on a balance of normal food portions, including fruits, whole grains, and proteins. What sets Slow Carb for Life apart from other low carb books? It offers:
• simple explanations for the science behind slow carb metabolism
• a realistic and proven approach to changing eating habits
• advice for special dietary needs, e.g. teens, vegetarians, and diabetics
• simple, practical, everyday tips to maintain the slow carb fat burn
• easy-to-follow daily intake guidelines for weight loss or weight maintenance
• a handy built-in carb counter and food diary to make weight loss easy
• over 100 delicious slow carb recipes for breads, muffins, and cookies in addition to soups, salads, vegetables, poultry, fish, and meat
• FAQ’s and testimonials about experiences and successes with this approach This complete guide includes everything for the novice and the long-term “slow carber” to succeed.
|Product dimensions:||7.02(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.86(d)|
About the Author
Patricia Haakonson, BSc, is the coauthor of "Easy Low-Carb Cooking "and "Easy Low-Carb Living." She lives in Palm Springs, California.