Sneezing. Sniffling. Hives. Rashes. Burning eyes. Runny nose. Sinus headache. Scratchy throat. Asthma attacks.... Whether you’re reacting to pollen or peanuts, your boyfriend’s cat or your girlfriend’s pooch, your husband’s aftershave, or your neighbor’s barbecue, allergies are definitely a drag. And if left untreated, the symptoms can lead to bigger health problems down the road. Sadly, there is no cure for hypersensitivity disorders, as doctors call them. But you can minimize your risk of having allergic reactions and you can live symptom-free. And Allergies and Asthma For Dummies tells you how.
If you suffer from some type of allergic condition and/or asthma, this complete, down-to-earth guide can be your first big step toward feeling better than you’ve felt in years. Drawing on his more than twenty years of professional experience, nationally recognized allergy and asthma expert Dr. William E. Berger fills you in on what you need to know to:
- Understand allergies and asthma
- Relieve hay fever symptoms safely
- Control adult and childhood asthma
- Deal with allergic skin conditions
- Cope with food, drug, and insect sting reactions
- Allergy proof your home
Allergies and Asthma For Dummies is packed with useful information and easy-to-follow action-steps you can put to work immediately. Dr. Berger clears up common myths about allergies and asthma and makes some of the most difficult medical mechanisms understandable for the rest of us. With wit and compassion, he answers all your questions about:
- How the immune system works and what causes allergies and asthma
- All known types of allergic conditions and how to recognize them
- Hay fever, its triggers, prevention and treatments
- Asthma, what it is, how you get it, and the best ways to manage it
- Allergic eczema, contact dermatitis, hives, swelling, and other allergic skin conditions
- Food, drug, and insect sting reactions and how to recognize, prevent, and treat them
With up-to-the-minute advice and guidance on prevention, treatment, and management, Allergies and Asthma For Dummies is just what you need to find relief from what ails you.
|Series:||For Dummies Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.42(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.07(d)|
About the Author
William E. Berger, M.D., one of the nation's preeminent allergists, has lectured internationally and worked as a clinical researcher and television medical health reporter.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is an outstanding, well written book with excellent information for everyone with allergies and asthma. As the parent of a child with both asthma and multiple food allergies, I have read numerous books on these subjects, but none with the information clearly presented in an easy to read and understand format that this book offers. Don't let the 'For Dummies' in the title fool you. This comprehensive book has information for everyone, including those struggling with a new diagnosis and those of us who have experience in the diagnosis & treatments of allergy and asthma.