The new edition of Allergy, by Drs. Stephen Holgate, Martin Church, David Broide, and Fernando Martinez, uses an enhanced clinical focus to provide the clear, accessible guidance you need to treat allergy patients. A more consistent format throughout features new differential diagnosis and treatment algorithms, updated therapeutic drug information in each chapter, and additional coverage of pediatric allergies. With current discussions of asthma, allergens, pollutants, drug treatment, and more, this comprehensive resource is ideal for any non-specialist who treats patients with allergies.
- Prescribe appropriate therapies and effectively manage patients’ allergies using detailed treatment protocols.
- Identify allergic conditions quickly and easily with algorithms that provide at-a-glance assistance.
- Explore topics in greater detail using extensive references to key literature.
- Manage allergies in both adult and pediatric patients using coverage of treatment practices for both in each chapter.
- Stay current on hot topics including asthma, allergens, pollutants, and more.
- Get up-to-date coverage of cell-based condition with brand new chapters on Eosinophilia: Clinical Manifestations and Therapeutic Options and Systemic Mastocytosis.
- Apply the latest best practices through new and updated treatment algorithms.
- Find therapeutic drug information more easily with guidance incorporated into each chapter.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||17 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of ContentsSection 1: Clinical Section
1. Principles of allergy diagnosis
3. Extrinsic allergic alveolitis
7. Atopic dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis
8. Gastrointestinal allergy
9. Occupational allergy
10. Drug allergy
13. Paediatric allergy
Section 2: Basic Mechanisms Section
14. The genetic basis of allergic disease
15. Early life origins of allergy and asthma
16. Epidemiology of allergic disease
17. Allergens and pollutants
18. IgE structure, receptors and signalling
19. Antigen presentation and IgE synthesis
20. Cytokines, chemokines and adhesion proteins
21. Effector cells of allergy
22. Cellular and mediator mechanisms of the early-phase response
23. Cellular and mediator mechanisms of the allergic inflammation
24. Drugs for the treatment of allergic disease