- Over 800 recipes were submitted of which they were all tested and tasted and 320 were chosen from them. Many different styles of cooking from many different people through out the Baltimore community.
- Over 123 people served as volunteers on this committee of varying ages with a variety of ideas- all included in the book.
- There are 3 in depth- cross referencing indexes- making recipe-finding easy and quick. One for each chapter, listed in chronological order on the divider page, one to show which dishes are Kosher for Passover, and one which includes all recipes listed by food category and name.
- Original artwork through out by Israeli artist Amit Yaffe - to make this book an original to pass down from Generation to generation.
- Side bar to write down "cook's notes and comments" through out book
- Side bars of food midrash, food factoids, food trivia, preparation explanations and suggestions for variations to many recipes.
- Over 30 wine pairing suggestions of upscale kosher wines with many meals with wine descriptions.
- A complete menu section listing menus with corresponding page numbers and wines for major and minor Jewish Holidays and American Celebrations ( such as Super bowl Sunday and Mothers Day).
- Stories through out the book written by Beth Tfiloh clergy and faculty
- Recipes are tried and true. Recipes for the novice cook to the gourmet chef. Sure winners. Some traditional favorites as well as new ones.
|Product dimensions:||9.30(w) x 8.30(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
|Introduction to Beth Tfiloh||4|
|Kashrut... The American Dream?, Rabbi Mitchell Wohlberg||5|
|From Amit's Palette||6|
|About "America Cooks Kosher"||7|
|Sponsors and Committees||8|
|The Main Ingredient-The Love of Family|
|Appetizers and Beverages||17|
|Count Your Blessings with Kashrut, Mrs. Zipora Schorr|
|Breads and Soups||45|
|A Spice Called Sabbath, Mrs. Sandy Vogel|
|Salads and Dressings||83|
|Keeping the Faith, Rabbi Gershon Sonnenschein|
|Entrees and Sauces||103|
|Enhance Your Meal With a Glass of Wine|
|Kugels, Quiches and Pastas, Too!||181|
|Vegetables and Side Dishes||203|
|Kids in the Kitchen||277|
|Kids in the Kitchen||278|
|Menus for Jewish Holidays and American Celebrations||287|
|Dairy to Pareve||300|
|Kosher for Passover Index||303|