Here is the American adventure. This extraordinary volume captures a magnificent nation's spirit and the fortitude of those who helped to make it so. Drawn from remarkable firsthand accounts and historical writings, American Courage gives voice to the pilgrims, founding fathers, revolutionaries, pioneers, soldiers, and pilots, among other heroes, in a remarkable collection of harrowing tales, spanning from the Mayflower's landing througSeptember 11, 2001.
- A Plymoutcolonist is held captive during King Philip's War.
- George Washington crosses the Delaware.
- Davy Crockett reports from inside the Alamo.
- General Longstreet recounts Pickett's charge at Gettysburg.
- Sergeant York single-handedly captures 132 German soldiers.
- Charles Lindbergflies across the Atlantic.
- Nine Little Rock students desegregate Central HigSchool.
- Passengers on Flight 93 overpower hijackers on 9/11.
With more than forty thrilling true accounts of bravery, selflessness, and daring, the stories in American Courage reveal the heart and soul of our country.
|Product dimensions:||5.31(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.90(d)|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I was taken with the first hand accounts of the men and women that have made the United States a great nation. Without these courageous people putting their lives on the line, just where would we be today? The individual accounts of their stories make one wonder if you would have the same courage these people possessed to help the country and save lives. Each story is but a few pages. I have learned so much about things I thought I already knew from history. The book makes me want to pick up the books from which these excerpts were taken. Extremely intriguing.