American Government: Roots and Reform, 2012 Election Edition, Books a la Carte Plus NEW MyPoliSciLab with eText --Access Card Package / Edition 12 available in Other Format
Understand American politics from past to present
American Government: Roots and Reform, 2012 Election Edition explores how the origins of American government affect the issues facing the United States today. This bestselling text offers the strongest coverage of history and current events. This approach encourages students to study present political structures and behaviors in full constitutional and historical context. The text helps students learn how our government evolved and how they can become more informed citizens. Most importantly, it encourages them to discover that politics can be—and most often is—a good thing.
This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab. MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist and analyze current political issues. Political Explorer lets students play the role of a political scientist by investigating issues through interactive data. Core Concept videos discuss the big ideas in each chapter and apply them to key political issues. Simulations allow students to experience how political leaders make decisions.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning—The New MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals. MyPoliSciLab is now compatible with BlackBoard!
- Engage Students—The stunning visual design engages students in the text.
- Improve Critical Thinking— Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on important topics.
- Analyze Current Events—Coverage of the 2012 elections keeps the study of politics relevant and shows how political scientists look at the development of the American political system.
- Support Instructors— A full supplements package including the Class Preparation Tool in the New MyPoliSciLab is available.
This Book a la Carte Edition is an unbound, three-hole punched, loose-leaf version of the textbook and provides students the opportunity to personalized their book by incorporating their own notes and taking the portion of the book they need to class – all at a fraction of the bound book price.