The new edition of this well-established textbook continues to provide a comprehensive introduction to the history, structure, institutions, and policies of the American political system. Completely revised and updated throughout, the 7th edition contains entirely new material on:
• the 2000 Presidential election and George W. Bush's Presidency
• the September 11th attacks and the 'war on terrorism'
• the 2002 midterm elections
• more coverage of such controversial issues as abortion, pressure groups and gun control The book contains excellent pedagogy throughout including a variety of useful tables and diagrams, suggestions for further reading and relevant websites and a glossary of key terms. Written with admirable clarity, this new edition is the ideal textbook for students of American politics and society.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.70(h) x 1.00(d)|
|Lexile:||1570L (what's this?)|
Table of Contents
1. The Framework of American Politics 2. Making the Laws: The American Congress 3. Law Execution: The President and Administration 4. Law Adjudication: The Supreme Court and the Judiciary 5. Pressure Group Politics 6. Party Politics 7. Elections and Voting 8. Federalism, the States and Local Government. Appendices