AMLS: Advanced Medical Life Support / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) is the leading course for prehospital practitioners in advanced medical assessment and treatment of commonly encountered medical conditions. Endorsed by the National Association of EMS Physicians, the course emphasizes the use of the AMLS Assessment Pathway, a systematic assessment tool that enables EMS practitioners to diagnose medical patients with urgent accuracy.
In the Second Edition of AMLS, students learn to recognize, assess, and manage common medical crises in patients. Topics covered include: respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disorders, shock, neurologic disorders, abdominal disorders, endocrine and metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, environmental-related disorders, and toxicologic emergencies.
Critical thinking scenarios encourage interaction and challenge students to apply their knowledge to realistic situations. During the scenarios, students:
• Are at the patient's side from arrival on scene to delivery to the hospital.
• Assess, review, and discern the possible diagnosis of the patient.
• Choose the next step to take on the AMLS Assessment Pathway.
• Con¬firm the final diagnosis and provide ongoing prehospital management of the patient.
New to the Second Edition:
• Refined AMLS Assessment Pathway.
• Clear emphasis on the BLS provider and integration with ALS throughout the assessment process.
• Expanded content on highly critical patients.
• Expanded content on environmental-related disorders.
• Expanded content on infectious diseases.
This 16 hour course is for Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurse Anesthetists, and Physicians. The course can be offered at the basic, advanced, or combined levels. The AMLS Basic course materials are available in the Advanced Medical Life Support Online Instructor's ToolKit.
|Publisher:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Advanced Medical Life Support Assessment for the Medical Patient Chapter 2 Respiratory Disorders Chapter 3 Cardiovascular Disorders Chapter 4 Shock Chapter 5 Neurologic Disorders Chapter 6 Abdominal/GI, Genitourinary, and Reproductive Disorders Chapter 7 Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders Chapter 8 Infectious Diseases Chapter 9 Environmental-Related Disorders Chapter 10 Toxicology, Hazardous Materials, and Weapons of Mass Destruction Appendix A AMLS Assessment Pathway Appendix B Basic Airway Procedures Appendix C Advanced Airway Procedures Appendix D Cardiovascular Procedures and 12-Lead ECG Review Appendix E Debriefing Skills Appendix F Chapter Review Answers