COMPLETE, EASY-TO-FOLLOW GUIDE FOR MANAGING YOUR SCOLIOSIS DURING PREGNANCY!
Second Edition is Fully Revised and Updated
Expert advice to survive pregnancy while suffering from scoliosis. "An Essential Guide for Scoliosis and a Healthy Pregnancy" is a month-by-month guide on covering everything you need to know about taking care of your spine and your baby. The book supports your feelings and empathizes with you throughout your amazing journey towards delivering a healthy baby.
By reading, you gain:
- In-depth and up-to-date information on scoliosis and how it can affect your pregnancy.
- Week-by-week information on what to expect during your pregnancy.
- Information that is suitable for all types of post-operative scoliosis cases and those that, to date, have not yet been operated on.
- Clear, compassionate and comprehensive answers to the common questions about scoliosis and pregnancy.
- Crucial decision making tools decisions for important issues including epidurals, birthing procedures, changes to the spine due to hormones, and more to protect your baby.
- Tips to help you minimize unnecessary weight gain and keep your nutrient intake high.
- The latest nutritional research that debunks pregnancy food myths and uncovers a number of surprising superfood choices.
- Expert advice on staying fit and eating right during each trimester of pregnancy.
- Self-care tips for side effects including nausea and back pain.
- Fun, fast, and safe scoliosis exercises during the month of pregnancy and postpartum.
- Tips for strengthening your pelvic floor, easing back pain, and losing belly fat postpartum.
- Relaxation tips to reduce pain and increase your comfort.
- More than 100 high-quality illustrations, including numerous full-color clinical photographs, detailed line drawings, and complementary high-resolution radiographs
This book provides answers and expert advice for pregnant women suffering from scoliosis. Full of information to cope with the physical and emotional upheavals of pregnancy during scoliosis. From conception to birth and beyond, this guide will hold your hand until you become a happy and proud mother of a healthy newborn baby.
|Publisher:||Health In Your Hands Pte Ltd|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Dr Kevin Lau is a graduate in Doctor of Chiropractic from RMIT University in Melbourne Australia and Masters in Holistic Nutrition. He is a member of International Society On Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT), the leading international society on conservative treatment of spinal deformities and the American Chiropractic Association (ACA) the largest professional association in the United States.
He was the first in Singapore to provide a non-surgical treatment for scoliosis in Singapore 2005 first by studying the Schroth Method of Exercises and then working in a clinic which implemented Clear Institute Methods. During this time he has been devoted to developing, practicing, and teaching others about non-surgical solutions for scoliosis. He has completed 3 thesis "The role of calcium and vitamin D in the prevention of low bone density and Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) in prepubertal women." With his research into spinal conditions he is the published author of Your Plan for Natural Scoliosis Prevention and Treatment. Dr. Lau combines a university education and a lifetime of practicing natural and preventive medicine to provide a unique approach to health care.
Educating patients from all walks of life & around the world. He is a recipient of the Best Health-care Provider Award by the Straits Time, the leading newspaper publication in Singapore and featured on TV, PrimeTime Channel News Asia.