- The hands-on workbook for building advanced e-commerce and websites!
- Strategy, tactics, planning, deployment, maintenance, and more
- B2B, B2C, extranets, supply chain management, intranets, and Web sites
- Up-to-the-minute, "must-read" coverage of Internet law
The Advanced Web Site Architecture Series
Endorsed by the World Organization of Webmasters (WOW), serving webmasters worldwide.
Master the skills you need to succeed in e-commerce-fast!
This user-friendly, interactive workbook delivers all the knowledge you'll need to start building state-of-the-art Web and e-commerce sites right now! It's your practical, in-depth guide to all the key strategic, technical, financial, and architectural issues associated with deploying leading-edge e-commerce sites, intranets, extranets, and more. From planning to site management, traffic analysis to intellectual property issues, it's hereorganized for easy learning and rapid mastery! You'll find expert coverage of all this, and more:
- Intranets: planning, technical decisions, policies, budgets, pilot projects, and management
- Extranets: business strategy, architecture, security, budgeting, and community development
- E-commerce: business-to-business, business-to-consumer, supply chain management, and security
- Site management: content updates, avoiding "link rot," log file analysis, and planning for growth
- Legacy systems integration: evaluation, business services integration, back-end systems, and more
- Internet law: Copyright, liability, development contracts, terms and conditions, DNS name ownership, and more
E-business strategy, tactics, technology, management, security, lawthis book covers it all, hands on! If you need in-depth insight into e-commerce and website management-and you need it right nowthen you need Exploring E-Commerce, Site Management, and Internet Law!
|Series:||Foundations of Website Architecture Series|
|Edition description:||1 ED|
|Product dimensions:||7.04(w) x 9.24(h) x 1.49(d)|
Table of Contents
From the Editor.
About the Authors.
Intranet Basics. Intranet Management. Strategic Intranets. Intranet Components. Intranet Technical Decisions. Intranet Policies. Intranet Budgets. Intranet Pilot.
Extranet Basics. Extranet Business Strategies. Extranet Architecture and Components. Extranet Security. Extranet Business Relationships. Extranet Budget. Extranet Communities.
3. Internet Usage.
Internet Organizational Plan. Internet Business Strategy. Internet Budget. Moving to the Web.
4. Legacy Systems Integration.
Evaluating Legacy Systems. Frontend Integration. Business Services Integration. Backend Integration. Legacy Application.
5. Electronic Commerce Strategy.
Electronic Commerce Basics. Business-to-Consumer Electronic Commerce. Supply Chain Management.
6. Electronic Commerce Tools.
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Electronic Transaction (SET). Electronic Commerce Component-Based Architectures. Electronic Commerce Solutions.
7. Getting Started Managing Your Web Site.
Understanding Your Organization. Establishing a Web Site Mission. Evaluating Your Audience.
8. Site Maintenance.
Site Integrity and Linkrot. Site Management Tools. Backing UP.
9. Site Traffic.
Log File Analysis. Obtaining Feedback.
10. Growth, Revision, and Migration.
Accommodating Growth. When to Revise. Site Migration.
11. Getting Started on the Web.
Domain Names and URLs. Launching a Web Site. Publicizing a Web Site.
12. Advanced Features and Accessibility.
Advanced Web Site Features, or Adding Bells and Whistles. Making Web Sites Accessible to All Users, Machines, and Browsers.
13. Copyright Law Basics.
How Copyright Protection is Obtained. The Copyright Owner's Rights. Copyright Law Ownership Rules.
14. Steering Clear of Copyright Infringement.
An Analysis for Avoiding Copyright Infringement. The Licensing Process.
15. Other Important Laws.
Patents, Trademarks, and Trade Secrets. The Laws of Privacy, Publicity, and Defamation Law.
16. System Operator Liability for Copyright Infringement by Users.
The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act.
17. Web Development Agreements.
Contracts Law. Important Legal Issues in Web Development Agreements.
18. Linking, Framing, Caching, and Meta Tags.
Legal Implications of Linking and Framing. Legal Implications of Caching and Meta Tags.
20. Domain Names.
Registering Domain Names. Cybersquatting Law.
Appendix: Answers to Self-Review Questions.