Anatomy and Physiology with Interactive Physiology / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
For Elaine N. Marieb, forging a relationship between her students and the anatomy and physiology concepts that will form the basis of their careers has always been a priority. Having gone back to school to get her R.N. degree and an M.S. in gerontological nursing when she was already a college teacher, she is uniquely able to understand the needs of both instructors and students. Elaine is Professor Emeritus of biology at Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, Massachusetts, where she taught anatomy and physiology for 25 years. She has also relocated to Naples, Florida, where she is now Visiting Professor at Edison Community College in nearby Fort Myers, Florida. She keeps in touch with many of her former students, whose experiences in allied health careers provide insights into the changing needs of A&P students.
Table of Contents
1. The Human Body: An Orientation.
2. Chemistry Comes Alive.
3. Cells: The Living Units.
4. Tissue: The Living Fabric.
5. The Integumentary System.
6. Bones and Skeletal Tissues.
7. The Skeleton.
9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue.
10. The Muscular System.
11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue.
12. The Central Nervous System.
13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity.
14. The Autonomic Nervous System.
15. The Endocrine System.
17. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart.
18. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels.
19. The Lymphatic System.
20. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive Body Defenses.
21. The Respiratory System.
22. The Digestive System.
23. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature Regulation.
24. The Urinary System.
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
26. The Reproductive System.