In 2016, ophthalmologist and Associate Clinical Professor Emeritus, Chris Knobbe, MD, proffered a revolutionary hypothesis for both the cause and the treatment of age-related macular degeneration; since then, his supportive research, writings, and presentations have received tremendous accolades from colleagues and fellow nutrition researchers, alike. Knobbe has presented his hypothesis and supportive research on numerous stages all across the United States and for a number of organizations, including the Christian Ophthalmology Society, the Ancestral Health Symposium, the Weston A. Price Foundation, and the Macular Degeneration Association. Knobbe is the world's only ophthalmologist to have proffered such a hypothesis, but which has also been buttressed by supportive research, published in the highly esteemed journal, Medical Hypotheses, in November, 2017.
Ophthalmologist and retina specialist of the United Kingdom, Andrew J. Luff, MA, FRCS, FRCS(Ophtha), FRCOphth, writes, "As the prevalence of AMD escalates, the devastating consequences of visual loss take their relentless toll on individuals, families, and health economies. This epidemic continues to grow, oblivious to a plethora of research. A massive financial investment (both University-based and pharmaceutical) has made no impact on the incidence of a disease that has resisted minor nutritional tinkering and seen no significant gain from our exponentially increased knowledge of genetics. In researching our frustrating lack of success in the quest for a unifying cause of AMD, Dr. Knobbe concludes that we have been looking in the wrong place.
"From a meticulous examination of ophthalmic history, comparative epidemiology and dietary change across the globe, he constructs a cogent and compelling argument for defects in basic nutrition as the fundamental driver of AMD. The data are stark and the potential consequences of dietary deficiency sobering. Dr. Knobbe's rational conclusion that a shift from traditional foods can wreak havoc on macular function will come as no surprise to those who have postulated similar cause for the multitude of chronic diseases now endemic in so-called developed nations.
"His hypothesis is unlikely to be welcomed by those committed to pharmacological intervention. Furthermore, a radical change to the diet of billions will not happen quickly. However, for newly diagnosed patients seeking hope and clinicians struggling for an answer, Dr. Knobbe's remarkable book offers the first tangible lifeline. To impact on the visual health of a nation we need a paradigm shift in the attitude of government and a radical rethink of the artificially constructed boundaries between nutrition and medicine. The visual health of many millions of people worldwide over the coming decades may depend on whether Knobbe's message is heard by those with both the political power and the financial commitment to take action."
-- Andrew J. Luff, MA, FRCS, FRCS(Ophtha, FRCOphth, Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon, United Kingdom, Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Dr. Knobbe's revolutionary hypothesis, extraordinary research, and scientific rigor, is second to none. After having read the book or seen Knobbe's presentations, many have remarked, "How can his conclusions be refuted?" Come see how and why you can save your vision, by following a delicious, healthy, satisfying, diet, with virtually any food you desire, as long as it is made with "ancestral" ingredients. Shocking, but true!
All proceeds from sales support the mission of Cure AMD Foundation. Dr. Knobbe receives no royalties from book sales.
|Publisher:||Cure AMD Foundation|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Part 1: Unveiling the Hypothesis
1. Can Ancestral Diets Actually Prevent and Treat Macular Degeneration?
2. The Genesis of a Novel Hypothesis for AMD
3. Is Macular Degeneration a New Disease?
4. One Giant Leap Forward
5. Did Our Genetics Change?
6. A Primer on AMD
Part II: So the Villain is Modern Food?
7. Weston A. Price - Unequivocally, the Greatest Nutrition Researcher in History
8. A Taste of 18th to Early 20th Century American Cuisine
Part III: "Displacing Foods" Are the Culprits
9. The 20th Century and the New "Standard American Diet"
10. The Perils of "Displacing Foods" Part I: Vegetable Oils & Trans Fats
11. Ther Perils of "Displacing Foods" Part II: White Flour, White Sugar, and Processed Foods
12. AMD Runs Parallel with Heart Disease, Obesity, Diabetes, Cancer and "Diseases of Western Influence"
13. AMD Follows Processed Foods Wordlwide
Part IV: Foods that Must be Exonerated
14. Saturated Fats -- Could They Save Your Life & Help Prevent AMD?
15. Cholesterol -- Is More Better?
Part V: More on Molecular Mechanisms for AMD
16. Vitamins A, D, and K, Plus Lutein and Zeaxanthin -- Deficiencies Associated With AMD
17. Smoking and AMD -- Another Surprise!
Part VI: Eating to Prevent and Treat AMD
18. Synthetic Vitamins & Multivitamins -- Should We Steer Clear?
19. Whole Unprocessed Foods: Pastured Meats, Pastured Eggs, Raw Milk and Wild Caught Fish --- All Preferred
20. Grains: Which Ones to Eat & Proper Preparation If You Do
21. The Life-Giving "Sacred Foods: for AMD Too!
22. Your Ultimate Plan to Prevent and Treat AMD