Considered the leading book on the subject, this book is an authoritative exploration of the complete history of ancient Israel—from Abraham, the first Hebrew, to the Roman destruction of the Second Temple in 70 A.D. It offers superlative authorship from acknowledged leaders in their specialties, from a wide range of nationalities, faiths, and backgrounds. The book is quite manageable in length and is packed with vivid color and black-and-white photographs, maps, charts, and timelines.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Israel in Egypt: The Egyptian Sojourn and the Exodus. Nahum M. Sarna, revised by Hershel Shanks.
3. The Settlement in Canaan: The Period of the Judges. Joseph A. Callaway, revised by J. Maxwell Miller.
4. The United Monarchy: Saul, David and Solomon. Written and revised by André Lemaire.
5. The Divided Monarchy: The Kingdoms of Judah and Israel. Siegfried H. Horn, revised by P. Kyle McCarter, Jr.
6. Exile and Return: From the Babylonian Destruction to the Reconstruction of the Jewish State. James D. Purvis, revised by Eric M. Meyers.
7. The Age of Hellenism: Alexander the Great and the Fall of the Hasmonean Kingdom. Written and revised by Lee I. Levine.
8. Roman Domination: The Jewish Revolt and the Destruction of the Second Temple. Shaye J.D. Cohen, revised by Michael Satlow.