Anesthesia and Neurosurgery / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
This definitive neuroanesthesiology reference integrates basic scientific knowledge with clinical applications. The clinically oriented chapters are clearly organized and cover key clinical points, case presentations, and discussions. The 4th Edition is comprehensively updated to reflect all of the latest developments in neurosurgical anesthesia, and features contributions from many new experts in the field.
• Provides a user-friendly organization in each chapter that progresses from key clinical points...through case presentations...to in-depth discussions.
• Includes more than 350 superb illustrations demonstrating key concepts and techniques.
• Contains new material on transcranial Doppler ultrasonography, the anesthesia management of patients with neurological disease for non-neurosurgical procedures, perioperative control of cerebral perfusion pressure, functional brain imaging, and jugular and transcranial oxygen measurements.
• Offers expanded information on osmolality, oncotic pressure, and intravascular volume
• anesthesia management of patients undergoing neuroradiologic procedures
• anesthesia for pediatric neurosurgery
• and spinal cord injury.
• Presents contributions from numerous new authors, reflecting a wealth of new insights.
Spanish version also available, ISBN: 84-8174-633-9
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Brain Metabolism
Chapter 2 Cerebral and Spinal Cord Blood Blow
Chapter 3 Pathophysiology of Brain Injury
Chapter 4 Cerebrospinal Fluid
Chapter 5 Intracranial Pressure Monitoring
Chapter 6 The Blood-Brain Barrier and Cerebral Edema
Chapter 7 Effects of Anesthetic Agents and Other Drugs on Cerebral Blood Flow,
Metabolism, and Intracranial Pressure
Chapter 8 Neuroradiology
Chapter 9 Evoked Potentials
Chapter 10 Neurophysiologic Brain Monitoring: Electroencephalography
Chapter 11 Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography in Anesthesia and Neurosurgery
Chapter 12 Intraoperative Fluid Management During Craniotomy
Chapter 13 Care of the Acutely Unstable Patient
Chapter 14 Supratentorial Masses: Surgical Considerations
Chapter 15 Supratentorial Masses: Anesthetic Considerations
Chapter 16 Posterior Fossa: Surgical Considerations
Chapter 17 Posterior Fossa: Anesthestic Considerations
Chapter 18 Cerebral Aneurysms: Surgical Considerations
Chapter 19 Cerebral Aneurysms: Anesthetic Considerations
Chapter 20 Interventional Neuroradiology and the Anesthetic Management of Patients with Arteriovenous Malformations
Chapter 21 Anesthetic Management of Patients Undergoing Neuroradiologic Procedures
Chapter 22 Occulusive Cerebrovascular Disease: Medical and Surgical Considerations
Chapter 23 Occlusive Cerebrovascular Disease: Anesthetic Considerations
Chapter 24 Anesthesia for Epileptic Patients and for Epilepsy Surgery
Chapter 25 Anesthesia for Pediatric Neurosurgery
Chapter 26 Neurosurgical Diseases of the Spine and Spinal Cord: Surgical Considerations
Chapter 27 Neurosurgical Diseases of the Spine and Spinal Cord: Anesthetic Considerations
Chapter 28 Anesthetic Considerations in Patients with Neuroendocrine Disease
Chapter 29 Neurologic Disease and Anesthesia
Chapter 30 Postoperative and Intensive Care
Chapter 31 Management of Severe Head Injury
Chapter 32 Multisystem Sequelae of Severe Head Injury
Chapter 33 Spinal Cord Injury
Chapter 34 Ethical Considerations in the Care of Patients with Neurosurgical Disease