Part I: Prisons, Repression, and Resistance:.
1. Excerpts from Angela Davis: an Autobiography.
2. Political Prisoners, Prisons and Black Liberation.
3. Unfinished Lecture on Liberation - II.
4. Race and Criminalization: Black Americans and the Punishment Industry.
Part II: Marxism, Anti-Racism and Feminism:.
5. Reflections on the Black Woman's Role in the Community of Slaves.
6. Rape, Racism, and the Capitalist Setting.
7. Violence Against Women and the Ongoing Challenge to Racism.
8. Joanne Little: The Dialectics of Rape.
9. Women and Capitalism: Dialectics of Oppression and Liberation.
10. The Approaching Obsolescence of Housework: A Working-Class Perspective.
11. Outcast Mothers and Surrogates: Racism and Reproductive Politics in the Nineties.
12. Black Women and the Academy.
Part III: Aesthetics and Culture:.
13. For a People's Culture.
14. I Used To Be Your Sweet Mama: Ideology, Sexuality and Domesticity.
15. Photography and Afro-American History.
16. Afro Images: Politics, Fashion, and Nostalgia.
17. Meditations on the Legacy of Malcolm X.
18. Black Nationalism: The Sixties and the Nineties.
Part IV: Interviews: .
19. Coalition Building Among People of Color: A Discussion With Angela Y. Davis and Elizabeth Martinez.
20. Reflections on Race, Class, and Gender in the USA.
Appendix: Opening Defense Statement Presented By Angela Y. Davis in Santa Clara County Superior Court March 29, 1972.