This book is a sequel to an earlier volume by the same authors on Anglican church-building in Greater London between 1915 and 1945. In the post-war period as many as 250 new churches were built inthe area, a very large corpus of work which has been largely overlooked by commentators. Many of the buildings were replacements for ones destroyed in the war or of large Victorian churches in the suburbs. The range of buildings is wide and includes work by well-known architects N.F. achemaille-Day and Maguire & Murray as well as many lesser figures who deserve to be better known. The book consists of a wide-ranging introduction followed by a gazetteer in which most churches are illustrated by both an exterior and an interior view.
|Publisher:||Spire Books Limited|
|Product dimensions:||6.40(w) x 9.50(h) x 0.90(d)|