Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, The Year in Neurology 2008 / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Collection of review articles highlighting the top science andrecent developments in the field of neurology.
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individualbooks or as a journal. For information on institutional journalsubscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy ofSciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the NewYork Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annalsonline and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspxfor more information about becoming a member
Table of ContentsPreface: Richard T. Johnson.
1. Repair and Neurorehabilitation Strategies for Spinal CordInjury: Robert L. Ruff, Lisa McKerracher, and Michael Selzer.
2. Spatial Neglect: Clinical and Neuroscience Review. A Wealthof Information on the Poverty of Spatial Attention: John C. Adairand Anna M. Barrett.
3. Neurological Aspects of Obstructive Sleep Apnea: MeredithBroderick and Christian Guilleminault.
4. Neuromyelitis Optica and Asian Phenotype of MultipleSclerosis: Jun-ichi Kira.
5. Drug-induced Movement Disorders in Children: Don Gilbert.
6. Impulse Control and Related Disorders in Parkinson Disease:Review: Shen-Yang Lim, Andrew H. Evans, and Janis M. Miyasaki.
7. Designer Therapies for Glioblastoma Multiforme: SithSathornsumetee and Jeremy N. Rich.
8. Mitochondrial Encephalopathy, Lactic Acidosis, and StrokelikeEpisodes: Basic Concepts, Clinical Phenotype, and TherapeuticManagement of MELAS Syndrome: Douglas M. Sproule and PetraKaufmann.
9. Stroke Treatment: Beyond the Three-Hour Window and in thePregnant Patient: C.A. Cronin, C.J. Weisman, and Rafael H.Llinas.
10. Task-specific Dystonias: A Review: Diego Torres-Russotto andJoel S. Perlmutter.
11. Cervical Arterial Dissection: Current Concepts: Ranjith K.Menon and John W. Norris.
12. Prospects of Cell Therapy for Disorders of Myelin: TamirBen-Hur and Steven A. Goldman.
13. Hereditary Episodic Ataxias: Joanna Jen.
14. Hashimoto’s Encephalopathy: Nicoline Schiess andCarlos A. Pardo.
15. Cerebral White Matter: Neuroanatomy, Clinical Neurology, andNeurobehavioral Correlates: Jeremy D. Schmahmann, Eric E. Smith,Florian S. Eichler, and Christopher M. Filley.
Index of contributors