Annual Editions: World History,Volume 1 / Edition 6 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This informative anthology provides convenient,inexpensive access to a wide range of current,carefully selected articles from some of the most respected magazines,newspapers,and journals published today. Within the pages of this volume are interesting well-illustrated articles by historians,educators,researchers,and writers,providing an effective and useful perspective on world history from prehistory to 1500.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. Natural History and the Spread of Humankind
1. The Evolution of Life on the Earth, Stephen Jay Gould, Scientific American, October 1994.
2. Mapping the Past, Adam Goodheart, Civilization, March/April 1996.
3. Japanese Roots, Jared Diamond, Discover, June 1998.
4. Rediscovering America, Charles W. Petit, U.S. News & World Report, October 12, 1998.
UNIT 2. The Beginnings of Culture, Agriculture, and Cities
5. New Clues Show Where People Made the Great Leap to Agriculture, John Noble Wilford, New York Times, November 18, 1997.
6. New Dig at a 9,000-Year-Old City Is Changing Views on Ancient Life, Edward DeMarco, New York Times, November 11, 1997.
7. When No One Read, Who Started to Write?, John Noble Wilford, New York Times, April 6, 1999.
8. A Tale of Two Cultures, Charles Fenyvesi, U.S. News & World Report, November 4, 1996.
9. City of the Gods, Michael D. Lemonick, Time, December 21, 1998.
10. The Cradle of Cash, Heather Pringle, Discover, October 1998.