From reviews of the previous volume:
This volume should be quite useful to the target audience. It provides a good foundation for evidence-based practice and further research (4 stars).
--Doody's Book Review Service
The nursing community is continually challenged with expanding the empirical knowledge base that informs rural nursing practice. This volume of the prestigious Annual Review of Nursing Research, Focus on Rural Health, addresses this challenge. Contributors have developed creative and effective strategies to identify relevant research and present them in the context of the rural delivery system.
- Nursing Research to Meet Health Care Needs of Rural Populations
- Improving Systems, Quality of Care & Patient Safety
- Improving Cultural Relevance of Rural Nursing Research: Methodological Issues, Constraints, and Opportunities
- Also included: Contents of Previous 10 Volumes
The contributors, all noted nurse scientists, discuss the key problems they deal with on a daily basis, utilizing recent rural and general health policy reports. This approach allows readers to learn new techniques and strategies for rural nursing practice that are firmly grounded in the evidence. While the primary examples are drawn from American contexts, a special chapter on global perspectives highlights analogous problems and issues that rural nursing research raises across countries, particularly the availability of resources.
About the Editors
This volume is edited by Elizabeth Merwin, Associate Dean, Research and the Director of the Rural Health Care Research Center at the University of Virginia School of Nursing. The series editor is Joyce J. Fitzpatrick, who has received numerous honors and awards including the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award 18 times, and is the Elizabeth Brooks Ford Professor of Nursing, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University."
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Series:||Annual Review of Nursing Research|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
- Diabetes Care among Rural Americans, Sharon William Utz
- Matters of the Heart: Cardiovascular Disease and Rural Nursing, Pamela Stewart Fahs and Melanie Kalman
- Intimate Partner Violence in Rural Settings, Sandra Annan
- Hospital-based Emergency Nursing in Rural Settings, Jennifer Brown
- Building the Rural Mental Health System: From DeFacto System to Quality Care, Emily J. Hauenstein
- Improving the Quality of Rural Nursing Care, Kathleen Cox, Irma Mahone, Sarah Farrell, Elizabeth Merwin, Madge M. Jones
- Nursing Patient Safety Research in Rural Health Care Settings, Deirdre Thornlow
- Conducting Culturally Competent Rural Nursing Research, Angeline Bushy
- Establishing the public's Trust through Community-Based Participatory Research, Deborah Shelton
- Rural Health Nursing Research Review: Global Perspectives, Doris Greiner, Doris Glick, Pamela Kulbok, Emma McKim Mitchell
Preface, Elizabeth R. Merwin
Part I: Nursing Research to Meet Health
Care Needs of Rural Populations
Part II: Improving Systems, Quality of
Care & Patient Safety
Part III: Improving Cultural Relevance of Rural Nursing Research:
Methodological Issues, Constraints, and Opportunities