- Beidh Aonach Amárach (There's a Fair Tomorrow)
- Green Grow the Rashes, O
- The King of Meenasillagh/Lamey's/The High Fiddle Reel
- Island Girl
- Eoghainin O Ragadian
- Ten Thousand Miles
- Gusty's Frolicks/The Pretty Young Girls of Carrick/Con's Slip ...
- Girl from the North Country
- The Verdant Braces of Screen
- The Dispute at the Crossroads/Columba Ward's/Siuns Reel (Ciaran Tourish)
- Tiocfaidh an Samhradh (Summer Will Come)
- The Ookpik Waltz
- The Waves of Gola
Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Thursday, December 21 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Donegal's Altan grew to be one of the most successful of the Irish neo-traditional bands, popularizing the music of its home county thanks to the angelic voice (and Gaelic vocals) of Maihread Ni Mhaonaigh. Altan's ascending arc was almost shattered with the 1994 death of Frankie Kennedy, the band's leader and Mhaonaigh's husband. Three albums later, the band continues and ANOTHER SKY is a pretty and lush effort. The dreamy arrangements, despite their resolutely traditional base, will find fans in Celtic new agers, while the sophisticated songs make Altan a worthy successor to the Ireland's first wave of new traditionalists.
|Label:||Emi Europe Generic|
Performance CreditsAltan Primary Artist
Jerry Douglas Dobro
Dónal Lunny Keyboards
Bonnie Raitt Guitar
Daíthí Sproule Guitar
Steve Cooney Bass
Mark Kelly Guitar
Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh Fiddle,Vocals
Ciarán Tourish Fiddle,Vocals
Neil Martin Cello,Keyboards
Dermot Byrne Accordion
Jimmy Higgins Bodhran