With all the information available about the benefits of inviting women into the boardroom, America barely shows an interest. In the rest of the world there are over 15 women sitting at the top of the organizational chart as world leaders. (See Answering the Call - Women in Action, Vol I: Leaders in the World.)
What does Germany, Australia, Brazil, Iceland, India, Britain and many other countries know about women as leaders that we don't know? Are they better educated, more sophisticated, media-savvy, or political? From my research, I can confirm without a doubt, No!
Women own 40% of all the businesses in the U.S.A. and they are growing at a rate of two times faster than businesses as a whole. These 8 million women-owned enterprises have an annual economic impact of nearly $3 trillion. According to World Bank estimates, women own or operate between 25-33% of all private businesses globally.
With these kinds of stats you would think Fortune 500 companies would be promoting women every day as a part of good financial planning. Since this is not the case, let's explore some other reasons why women are still outside looking in.
Answering the Call - Women in Action, Vol 2: Leaders in America explores the lives of thirteen American women, their aspirations, education, personal lives, and successes. These women broke the glass ceiling and are helping to usher other women into the "Global female network."
Sheryl Sandberg – Chief Operating Officer (COO) Facebook Inc.
Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton – Secretary of State
Michelle Obama – First Lady of the United States
Barbara Boxer - California U.S. Senator
Oprah Winfrey – CEO, Media Personality & Philanthropist
Angelina Jolie – Activist & Actress
|Publisher:||The Maxwell Group|
|Series:||Answering the Call - Women in Action , #2|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||707 KB|
About the Author
Her goal is to help others become more powerful by providing basic information in areas where she has expertise.
If you are venturing into unknown territory and want to prepare yourself first, see if there is information in one of her books you can use to be successful.
- Answering the Call - Women in Action, Vol 2: Leaders in America
- Answering the Call - Women in Action, Vol 1: Leaders in the World
- Welcome to Las Vegas - The Essential Guide
- Writing & Publishing eBooks - One Person's Journey
- Get Amazing Photos From Your Point & Shoot Camera
- Buying and Selling Gold and Silver - A Primer
- Selling Your Home - How the Real Estate Market Works
- Do Your Own Probate - Summary Administration for Small Estates
- For Women Only - Traveling Solo In Your RV, The Adventure
- How To Save Money While Enjoying The RV Lifestyle
- The RV Lifestyle - A Dream Come True
- Selling Online - Supporting the Traveling Lifestyle
- Staying In Touch, A Traveler's Guide
- Working On The Road - For Professionals
- What Determines Our Destiny
- About Men - Myths Revealed, How to Love, Live, and Work With Them