About This Book
- Deploy your application on the App Store and Google Play
- Add your own IOS native modules in objective-C, in an easy-to-follow step-by-step format
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Transfer data between applications with URL schemes, and make your application accessible to other mobile applications and services
- Connect with remote services using JSON
- Work with Google Maps and Apple Maps, GPS and annotate routes
- Create animations and special effects
- Integrate notifications and connect with social media services such as Facebook and Twitter
- Build applications with Alloy MVC - a rapid application development framework
- Design native APIs and use local databases
This book will take you through the process of building cross-platform, native UI applications for the mobile from scratch. You will learn how to develop apps, how to use GPS, cameras and photos and how to build socially connected apps. You will also learn how to package them for submission to the App Store and Google Play.
Finally, you will learn how to register developer accounts and publish your very own applications on the App Store and Google Play.
Style and approach
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.76(d)|
About the Author
Jason Kneen is an experienced mobile developer who has created numerous apps for iOS and Android. He is passionate about mobile development and, in particular, the Appcelerator Titanium platform. He is a Titanium-certified developer, Titanium-certified trainer, and member of the "Titans" evangelist group. He is also a contributor to mobile and business publications and has been interviewed by the media on mobile apps. He speaks regularly at mobile development conferences worldwide.
Jason has been developing for mobile devices since the 1990s, when he developed highly successful applications for the Psion Series 5 and Psion Revo organizers. He currently lives in Wiltshire, UK, and works from home as a freelance mobile developer and consultant as "BouncingFish" (http://www.bouncingfish.com/) where he builds cross-platform, native applications for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
He is married to Hannah and has 4 beautiful children; Leo, Poppy, Ixia and Rosie "Boo".