Application of Nano/Microencapsulated Ingredients in Food Products, a volume in the Nanoencapsulation in the Food Industry series, presents applications of nano/micro-encapsulated ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, flavors, colorants, enzymes, probiotics antioxidants and many other bioactive components in different groups of food products. Each chapter explores nano/microencapsulated ingredients in food products, including beverages, cereal flours and bakery products, meat, oils and fats, salt, spices and seasonings, functional supplements, and in chewing gum. In addition, the book explores active food packaging and edible coatings with nano/microencapsulated ingredients.
Authored by a team of global experts in the fields of nano and microencapsulation of food, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical ingredients, this title is of great value to those engaged in the various fields of nanoencapsulation.
- Clarifies which nanoencapsulated ingredients can be applied for different food products
- Thoroughly explores the influence of nanoencapsulated ingredients on the qualitative properties of different food products
About the Author
Dr. Seid Mahdi Jafari received his PhD degree in 2006 in Food Process Engineering from the University of Queensland, Australia. He has been working on the nanoemulsification and nanoencapsulation of food ingredients for the past decade. He is Associate Professor in the Department of Food Materials and Process Design Engineering, Faculty of Food Science and Technology, University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Pardis, Basidj Square, Gorgan, Iran, and he is an academic member of GAU (Iran). He has published more than 85 papers in top-ranked international food science journals and 18 book chapters, along with editing four books with LAP and Elsevier publishers. In November 2015, he was awarded as one of the top 1% scientists of the world with the highest citations by Thompson Reuters (Essential Scientific Indicators) in the field of Biological Sciences.
Table of Contents1. The role of nano/micro-encapsulated ingredients in food formulations
2. Nano/microencapsulated ingredients in milk and dairy products
3. Nano/microencapsulated ingredients in drinks and beverages
4. Active food packaging with nano/microencapsulated ingredients
5. Edible coatings with nano/microencapsulated ingredients
6. Nano/microencapsulated ingredients in cereal flours and bakery products
7. Nano/microencapsulated ingredients in meat products
8. Nano/microencapsulated ingredients in chewing gum
9. Nano/microencapsulated ingredients in oils and fats
10. Salt, spices and seasonings formulated with nano/microencapsulated ingredients
11. Functional supplements and raw materials formulated with nano/microencapsulated ingredients