Applied Fluid Mechanics / Edition 7 available in Hardcover
The leading applications-oriented approach to engineering fluid mechanics is now in full color, with integrated software, new problems, and extensive new coverage.
Now in full color with an engaging new design, Applied Fluid Mechanics, Seventh Edition, is the fully updated edition of the most popular applications-oriented approach to engineering fluid mechanics. It offers a clear and practical presentation of all basic principles of fluid mechanics (both statics and dynamics), tying theory directly to real devices and systems used in mechanical, chemical, civil, and environmental engineering. The 7th edition offers new real-world example problems and integrates the use of an online downloadable demo of world-renowned PIPE-FLO® software for piping system analysis and design. It presents new procedures for problem-solving and design; more realistic and higher quality illustrations; and more coverage of many topics, including hose, plastic pipe, tubing, pumps, viscosity measurement devices, and computational fluid mechanics. Full-color images and color highlighting make charts, graphs, and tables easier to interpret organize narrative material into more manageable “chunks,” and make all of this text's content easier to study.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This applications-oriented introduction to fluid mechanics has been redesigned and improved to be more engaging, interactive, and pedagogically effective.
- Completely redesigned in full color, with additional pedagogical features, all designed to engage today's students: This edition contains many new full-color images, upgraded to improve realism, consistency, graphic quality, and relevance. New pedagogical features have been added to help students explore ideas more widely and review material more efficiently.
- Provides more hands-on practice and real-world applications, including new problems: Includes new real-world example problems and supplementary problems. Students can access an online downloadable demo of the popular PIPE-FLO® software to complete select activities.
- Updated and refined to reflect the latest products, tools, and techniques: Contains updated data and analysis techniques, improved problem solving and design techniques, new content on many topics, and extensive new references.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Fluids and the Study of Fluid Mechanics
2. Viscosity of Fluids
3. Pressure Measurement
4. Forces Due to Static Fluids
5. Buoyancy and Stability
6. Flow of Fluids and Bernoulli’s Equation
7. General Energy Equation
8. Reynolds Number, Laminar Flow, Turbulent Flow, and Energy Losses Due to Friction
9. Velocity Profiles for Circular Sections and Flow in Noncircular Sections
10. Minor Losses
11. Parallel and Branching Pipeline Systems
12. Pump Selection and Application
13. Open-Channel Flow
14. Flow Measurement
15. Forces Due to Fluids in Motion
16. Drag and Lift
17. Fans, Blowers, Compressors, and the Flow of Gases
18. Flow of Air in Ducts
A. Properties of Water
B. Properties of Common Liquids
C. Typical Properties of Petroleum Lubricating Oils
D. Variation of Viscosity with Temperature
E. Properties of Air
F. Dimensions of Steel Pipe
G. Dimensions of Steel Tubing
H. Dimensions of Type K Copper Tubing
I. Dimensions of Ductile Iron Pipe
J. Areas of Circles
K. Conversion Factors
L. Properties of Areas
M. Properties of Solids
N. Gas Constant, Adiabatic Exponent, and Critical Pressure Ratio for Selected Gases
Answers to Selected Problems