Applied Strategic Planning, An Introduction (3-hole Punched Manual) / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Plan future organizational success!
- Keep ASP team members up to speed with this "quick study"
- Put all of your ASP Planning team members "in the know" with the Introduction
- Keep all of your team members on track with this visual reminder of the process
This comprehensive OD resource is a powerful aid to consultants engaged in implementing strategic planning with organizational-planning teams. The Kit is based on the ASP model that consists of two ongoing phases: Environmental Monitoring and Application Considerations, and nine sequential steps that the planning team follows:
- Planning to Plan
- Values Scan
- Mission Formulation
- Strategic Business Modeling
- Performance Audit
- Gap Analysis
- Integrating Action Plans
- Contingency Planning
"We have been using the [Applied Strategic Planning] process in our agency and it has helped us to focus and provide needed leadership, given the extAnded budge crisis and constant change."
Ramon J. Rodriguez, deputy executive director, New York State Division of Equalization and Assessment
Components of The ASP Kit:
Applied Strategic Planning: The Consultant's Kit: Includes a 554 page looseleaf binder containing 79 up-to-date strategic-planning activities to guide the planning team through each step of the strategic-planning process. Some activities call for supplemental items; most are complete within themselves. Notes to the Consultant and an Overview of Activities begin each chapter. A color transparency of the ASP model is included. One copy of each of the following components is also included (each item below may also be purchased separately):
- Applied Strategic Planning: A Comprehensive Guide: (ISBN: 070240205/hardcover/380 pages/$49.95)Provides an in-depth outline of the strategic-planning process.
- Applied Strategic Planning: An Introduction: (ISBN: 0883903180/72 pages/$20.00) Provides a basic understanding of the ASP process to members of the planning team and other key members who need to understand the process.
- Applied Strategic Planning: An Overview: (ISBN: 0883903199/paperback/6 pages/$6.00) A brief synopsis of the process, what needs to happen during each phase, and how to implement the plan.
- Applied Strategic Planning Model Handout & Poster: (Handout/ISBN: 0883904489/8-1/2"X11"/6.00 & Poster/ISBN: 0883903377/27" X 34"/25.00) Full-color model in handout and poster formats.
- Diagnosing Organizational Culture Instrument: (ISBN: 0883903164/paper/32 pages/$12.00) This instrument helps identify and evaluate significant cultural patterns within the organization.
- Diagnosing Organizational Culture Trainer's Package: (ISBN: 0883905329/$28.00) Includes a training manual (paper/57 pages)and one copy of the Diagnosing Organizational Culture Instrument. C&RT (Creativity and Risk Taking Instrument): (ISBN: 0883900254/paper/24 pages/$12.50) This instrument assesses individuals' creativity and risk-taking orientations.
With The ASP Kit, you'll be able to:
- Lead an organization through the ASP process from planning through implementation
- Guide a planning team through each phase of this powerful design
- Introduce a strategic-planning approach that gives optimum clarity and results
- Assist the team in identifying significant patterns within the organization
- Support the organization's development of a strategic plan that will ensure future success
TIMING: Approximately 3 days per component (12 days per year) AUDIENCE: Managers and top executives (active participants in the ASP process)
|Product dimensions:||8.23(w) x 11.06(h) x 0.21(d)|
About the Author
TIMOTHY M. NOLAN, Ph.D., is president of Innovative Outcomes, Inc., in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is also president of the Applied Strategic Planning Institute, an organization committed to making the strategic-management technology advanced by this book broadly available. His consulting practice is devoted to the related areas of strategy development and innovation. Dr. Nolan's clients range from new businesses to the largest coporations and include for-profit, not-for-profit, and governmental organizations.
LEONARD D. GOODSTEIN, Ph.D., is a consulting psychologist based in Washington, D.C., and a senior vice president of Pfeiffer & Company. Dr. Goodstein is the former executive vice president and CEO of the American Psychological Association, and he served as president and chairman of the board of University Associates, Inc., following thirty years as a professor of psychology at three major American universities. As a consultant to management, he specializes in strategic planning and executive development.
J. WILLIAM PFEIFFER, Ph.D., J.D., president of Pfeiffer & Company, is an experienced consultant to business and government. He has served on the faculties of the University of Iowa, Indiana University, Indiana University Medical Center, and Purdue University. He has been the editor, co-editor, or co-author of numerous books on strategic planning and human resource development (including Pfeiffer & Company's Annual series in Human Resource Development and ten volumes of A Handbook of Structured Experiences for Human Relations Training).