Appraisal: Improving Performance and Developing the Individual / Edition 5 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
In this revised and updated text, Fletcher and Williams take an evidence-based approach to analysing the key elements of the appraisal process and its place in performance management. Drawing on the academic literature and examples of best-practice, the authors explain how performance appraisal can motivate and develop staff, foster commitment and positivity, and ultimately improve an organisation’s performance.
Key topics covered include:
- Designing an appraisal system
- Identifying and developing talent
- Multi-level and multi-source feedback
- Appraising professionals
- Cultural challenges
- Evaluating and maintaining appraisal systems
Appraisal: Improving Performance and Developing the Individual, 5th Edition, is a standard in the field and essential reading for all students of HRM and occupational psychology, and for any HRM professional looking to develop more effective performance appraisal systems.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.25(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Clive Fletcher is Professor Emeritus in Occupational Psychology at Goldsmiths, University of London, UK. He has authored more than 200 books, articles and conference papers on appraisal and assessment, and has been a consultant on appraisal to a wide range of organisations in both the public and private sectors.
Richard Williams has had a career that has spanned the academic world and the public sector as an occupational psychologist. Previous posts include Programme Director for MSc courses in the Department of Organizational Psychology at Birkbeck, University of London and Chief Occupational Psychologist in a UK Government department.
Table of Contents
1. Appraisal and Its Place in Performance Management 2. The Aims of Appraisal: Organisational and Individual Perspectives 3. Performance 4. Assessing Performance, the Person and the Situation 5. Designing Appraisal Systems 6. Appraising, Identifying and Developing Potential 7. Multi-Level, Multi-Source Feedback for Appraisal and Development 8. Appraisal with Professionals, And Across Different Sectors 9. Cultural Challenges in Applying Performance Appraisal 10. Training, and the Implementation and Maintenance of Appraisal 11. Performance Appraisal: Best Practice, Best Results Appendix A: Job and Work Analysis and Competency Modelling Appendix B: Measures for Evaluating the Effects and Impact of PA