Plan, deploy, manage, and optimize Microsoft BackOffice®-enterprise-wide!
Finally, there's a practical guide to solving real business problems with Microsoft BackOffice! In this book, three top consultants walk you step-by-step through planning, implementing, and optimizing Microsoft BackOffice in the enterprise. Start with a close look at the challenges of planning enterprise architectures-including aligning technology with business goals and avoiding client/server development pitfalls. Next, review unique issues facing Microsoft BackOffice architects, such as:
- Microsoft BackOffice design guidelines, Microsoft Windows NT® Server domain planning and budgeting
- Planning Microsoft Exchange® Server site hierarchies to maximize flexibility and scalability
- Microsoft SQL® Server planning and legacy data integration with Microsoft SNA® Server
- Leveraging Microsoft Systems Management® Server to streamline deployment
- Internet/intranet site planning and deployment with Internet Information® Server
You'll find comprehensive coverage of Microsoft BackOffice system and network management and testing. You'll preview the future of Windows NT-including highly-robust, cost-effective Windows NT-based virtual private networks. Best of all, you'll gain invaluable insight into the critical staffing, skills assessment, change management, teamwork, and political skills Microsoft BackOffice demands. Never before has so much independent Microsoft BackOffice experience been squeezed into one book!
The accompanying CD-ROM includes comprehensive tools for Microsoft BackOfficetechnical architecture planning-many of them exclusive to this book!