Arista Networks has become a key player in software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center, storage, and computing environments, and is poised to make an impact in other areas as well. In this updated edition, renowned trainer, consultant, and technical author Gary A. Donahue (Network Warrior) provides an in-depth, objective guide to Arista’s products. You’ll learn why the company’s network switches, software products, and Extensible Operating System (EOS) are so effective.
Anyone who has or is pursuing networking certification (especially Arista’s own!) or who is just curious about why Arista is better will benefit from this book, especially entrenched administrators, engineers, or architects tasked with building an Arista network. Pick up this in-depth guide and find out how Arista can help both you and your company.
Topics in the second edition include:
- Configuration Management: config sessions, config replace, and config checkpoints
- CloudVision: Arista’s management, workload orchestration, workflow automation, and configuration tool
- VXLAN: Layer 2 overlay networking
- FlexRoute: two million routes in hardware
- Tap Aggregation: make your switch or blade into a Tap Aggregation device
- Advanced Mirroring: mirror to a port-channel or even the CPU
- eAPI: Arista’s fabulous extended Application Programmable Interface
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Gary A. Donahue is a working consultant who has been in the computer industry for 28 years. Gary has worked as a programmer, mainframe administrator, Technical Assistance Center engineer, network administrator, network designer, and consultant. Gary has worked as the Director of Network Infrastructure for a national consulting company and has been the president of his own New Jersey consulting company; GAD Technologies.