Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The Art of Nutritional Cooking / Edition 3 available in Paperback
Completely updated in a new edition. this unique book combines the experience of a professional chef with the expertise of a registered dietitian, offering readers a valuable guidebook/resource tool for preparing healthy food. The science of nutrition and the art of cooking are fully integrated to illustrate the infinite possibilities of healthy cooking that achieves quality in all areas of taste and customer satisfaction. A refreshing emphasis is placed on the taste, and composition of nutritionally prepared foods.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents:
1. Discovering Food and Nutrition
2. Nutritional Guidelines
3. Carbohydrates: The Energy Foods
4. Protein: The Building Blocks
5. Fats and Oils
6. Vitamins and Phytochemicals
7. Minerals and Other Nutrients
8. Health and Diet
9. Weight Control
10. Serve Nutritionally Rich Foods through Proper Selection, Handling and Cooking
11. The Mechanics of Taste
12. The Natural Flavor of Foods
13. Building Healthy Recipes
14. Menu Planning: Adding Nutritional Choices
APPENDIX I: HEALTHY RECIPES
APPENDIX II: ANTHOLOGY OF MOST COMMONLY USED HERBS AND SPICES
APPENDIX III: A GENERAL CLASSIFICATION OF WINES