Asian Blepharoplasty and the Eyelid Crease with DVD / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This new edition is unique in its exclusive focus on all aspects of Asian blepharoplasty. You'll gain in-depth knowledge and essential understanding of anatomical differences and corresponding techniques for people of varying age and ethnic groups. Thoroughly updated, state-of-the-art coverage spans the latest procedures...from preoperative preparation through operative techniques, outcomes, and postoperative instructions. Step-by-step descriptions of every procedure, lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs and completely redrawn line drawings, provide helpful guidance to help you achieve superior, consistent surgical results. Plus, receive a Bonus DVD-ROM with 20 detailed clinical cases covering both primary and revisional techniques, narrated by Dr. Chen.
• Presents concise, practical information in an easy-to-use formatideal for use in the office and OR.
• Clarifies the terminology associated with Asian blepharoplasty.
• Provides step-by-step descriptions of the author's practice-proven surgical techniques.
• Clearly explains the anatomy that is essential to the performance of surgical procedures.
• Comprehensive spread-sheets listing all significant literature references in the last 100 years.
• Discusses common and rare instances of suboptimal results and their revision.
• Bonus DVD-ROM with 20 detailed clinical cases, 12 covering primary and 8 covering revisional techniques, narrated by Dr. Chen. View full cases or clips of specific techniques performed on different patients.
• Includes intraoperative video clips on a Bonus DVD that features 20 detailed, step-by-step clinical cases performed and narrated by Dr. Chen for both primary and revisional techniques!
• Features a wealth of new and expanded coverage on such topics as anesthesia · ethnic variance · suture ligation methods · wound closure · and triangular, trapezoidal, and rectangular debulking of preaponeurotic eyelid tissues.
• Illustrates cases as they present in practice, with over 340 full-color photographs and 70 updated line drawings.
• Offers experts' hints, tips, pearls, and pitfalls on the complexities of aesthetic oculoplastic surgery.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Book & DVD|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Historical Considerations
2. Comparative Anatomy of the Eyelids
3. Upper Lid CreaseTerminology and Configurations
4. Preoperative Counseling
5. Suture Ligation Methods
6. External Incision Methods
7. Asian Blepharoplasty Steps: The First Vector
8. The Second VectorExcision of Preseptal Orbicularis and Septum as a Myocutaneous mini-flap
9. Advanced Concept of Triangular, Trapezoidal and Rectangular Debulking of Eyelid TissuesApplication in Asian Blepharoplasty
10. Optimal Wound Closure and Lid Crease Formation
11. Postoperative Care
12. Suboptimal Results and Parameters of Complications
13. Revision and Correction of Suboptimal ResultsAdvanced Concepts
14. Primary Cases of Asian BlepharoplastyBefore-and-After
15. Suboptimal Results and Revision Operations
16. The Concept of a Glide Zone as it relates to Upper Lid Crease, Lid Fold and Application in Revisional Blepharoplasty
17. Advanced Concepts: The Beveled Approach and Mid-Lamellar Clearance in Revisional Asian Blepharoplasty
18. Asian Eyelid Surgery: My Thoughts (by Khoo Boo-Chai)
19. Park Z-epicanthoplasty (by Jung Park)
20. OutlookChallenge in Aesthetic Surgery of the Asian Eyelid
Appendix 1: Pre-1952 Japanese Literature on Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery(in Japanese)
Appendix 2: Modern Literature on Asian Eyelid Surgery (in English)